Tax Issues for Americans Living in Indonesia
Here are some articles dealing with taxation issues, both US and Indonesian -- something all of us have to deal with in one way or another. This section deals with both US income tax as well as Indonesian taxes that might affect us. Our affiliate, Taxes for Expats, has provided this information for your benefit. If you know of other good articles on such, please send them to us via our contact form. -- Dave
Articles courtesy of Taxes for Expats. All rights reserved.
Feeling out of touch? Are you missing important announcements? Do you know how to vote from here? We can help! Sign up for our free no-ads email bulletins and a few times/year we'll keep you up to date on things you are likely to care about -- e.g. voting procedures and dates, US Consular warnings. Your privacy is assured
- Marlins acquire starters Andrew Cashner, Colin Rea in seven-player trade with Padres
- 2016 Rio Summer Olympics: Keep track of all the Rio Olympics news
- Unspoiled by First Major Title, Henrik Stenson Pulls Ahead in the P.G.A. Championship
- Kenley Jansen is one part of impressive trio
- Russians at the Rio Olympics: Who’s in, and Who’s Out?
NEW! SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS EXPLAINED
At the Consular Town Hall meeting June 17, 2016 in Sanur, Bali, the Manila Social Security office head, Darrin Morgan, gave a presentation to 75 Americans on Social Security benefits. Some of hte major points covered included:
- get info from the ssa.gov website about all aspects of Social Security. It should be your first stop.
- if you need to contact them, contact the Manila office by email at FBU.Manila@ssa.gov. Don't try to call/go there otherwise.
- If receiving benefits and don't use your foreign address, and you're out of the US more than 90 days/year, they will suspend your benefits for at least 8 months if they find out. So use your foreign address
He presented a lot of slides, though only discussed some of them briefly. You can download a copy of the slides here.
TIME TO VOTE FROM HERE NOW!
Have you requested your ballot so you can vote from here this November? If not, NOW is the time to do it -- register soon in order to vote in the primary races and request your ballot for the ultra-important 2016 Presidential, Senate, and Congressional elections (as well as other Governor and local elections).
How does Obamacare affect us living abroad? We have a summary of the major impact it has on you. And do note that ignoring this law can result in some severe penalties -- but many of us are not subject to these. Read this brief article to see how it affects you!
Those dreaded FATCA/FBAR tax rules are changing for the better. Four prominent organizations of Americans living abroad have been meeting with IRS and Congressional representatives to find a sensible course for the majority of us living overseas. Read this report on progress from Democrats Abroad.
American Income Tax Info for US Expats Want to learn something about how to deal with US income tax matters? Need help with filing? Have questions? read this article >
Questions about Indonesian taxes? Here's an article that can help.
New IRS Rules Affecting Us With severe penalties coming up, you must now report any foreign accounts with a sum total value of $10,000 or more, and higher amounts are subject to lots more restrictions. click for more >
We send out latest important Consular messages to our email list. Sign up here.
Also you can register with the US State Dept to get emergency info and all US Consular messages whereever you travel.
If you don't want to sign up with them, sign up for our email list and we'll forward important US Consular messages to you
If you have non-US citizen spouse/kids, big changes afoot will negatively affect you.
click for more >